What is the ladder tournament?
The ladder tournament is a all-year-round tournament for competitive tennis players (no matter the level). It’s only suitable for players who are interested in playing 2 matches per month. There is a Singles competition and a Doubles competition.
How does the ladder work?
1) Join the ladder by clicking here. It’s free. Need 100% commitment though!
2) You will join a “box” on the 1st of next month. Each box consists of 3 players (or pairs).
3) You have to schedule and play those 2 players / pairs by the end of the month.
4) At the end of each month, promotions and relegations take place. So, new “boxes” are created for the following month.
What are the ladder Rules?
1. Any person eligible to play on Dublin Senior League can participate.
2. It is responsibility of all players to arrange & complete all the matches by the end of the month.
3. Each match is “best of 3 sets”. A different format can be agreed before the match starts. Players will be awarded 1 point for each set won. A walkover is worth 1 point.
4. At the end of every round, the best player will be moved 1 group up, the last will go 1 down. Ranking is done in order of: POINTS – WINS – WIN OVER the SAME RANKED OPPONENT – DRAW.
5. The ladder coordinator WILL remove inactive players to maintain the successful running of the tournament. Not filling the result sheet by the end of the month is a sign of inactivity.
6. Any issues that arise can be submitted to the relevant captain in writing only after consultation with each party and the ladder coordinator. The captain will advise both parties of the binding decision.
Why and When should I opt out of the ladder?
>> If you can’t play, other people won’t be able to play. The tournament will implode on its own :(. So, follow these suggestions:
1) If you’re not able to play for 1 month, give walkovers and remain in the tournament.
2) If you’re not able to play for more than 1 month, or can’t manage to play 2 matches/month anymore, please opt out. You can rejoin anytime you like.
3) Make sure you fill the result sheet at the end of the month (no matter if the match wasn’t played), or you will be removed (sorry!).
How do I Quit the ladder?
Simply tick the box beside your name from the tournament sheet @ tennis club.